Effective date: April 2018
These are some of the types of personal information we collect:
- First name, last name, e-mail, phone number and mailing address;
- Credit card information (card type, card number, cardholder name, expiration date and security code);
- Information about customer stays, such as arrival and departure dates, special requests, remarks about your preferences in services (rooms, facilities or any other services used);
- Information related to your marketing preferences or that you provide to us when you participate in surveys, contests and promotional offers;
You can always choose what personal data (if any) you want to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide us with some data, it may influence some of your transactions.
The data we collect automatically
Purposes of processing
Utilizamos tus datos personales para los siguientes fines:
- A. Booking: we use your personal data to complete and manage your online booking.
- B. Customer service: we use your personal data to provide customer service.
- C. Customer reviews: we may use your contact details to invite you by e-mail to write a review after your stay. This way you help other travelers to choose the accommodation that best suits them. If you send a comment, it may be published on our website.
- D. Marketing activities: we also use your data for marketing-related activities, as permitted by law. When we use your personal data for direct marketing, such as commercial newsletters and marketing communications about new services and products or other offers we think you may be interested in, we include an unsubscribe link, which you can use if you do not want us to send you any further messages in the future.
- E. Other communications: we may contact you by e-mail, by mail, by telephone or by sending you a message depending on the contact information you provide. The reasons may be:
- a. We may need to respond to or handle requests you have made of us.
b. If you have not completed an online reservation, we may send you an e-mail reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe this extra service is useful to you because it allows you to complete a booking without having to search for the accommodation again and without having to fill in the booking details again from the beginning.
c. When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to write a comment about your experience on our website. We believe this extra service is useful for you and for us, so we can improve our website based on what you tell us.
- a. We may need to respond to or handle requests you have made of us.
- F. Analysis, improvement and research: We use personal data to conduct research and analysis. We may use a third party to do this on our behalf. We may share or disclose research results, including to third parties, on an anonymous, aggregated basis. We use personal data to perform analytics, improve our services, provide a better user experience, expand functionality and achieve higher quality in our online travel services.
- G. Security, fraud detection and prevention: We use the information, which may include personal data, to prevent fraud and other illegal or unlawful activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect fraud. We may use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, such as user authentication. For these purposes, we may share personal data with third parties, such as law enforcement authorities, as permitted by applicable law and outside consultants.
- H. Legal and Regulatory Compliance: In some cases, we must use the information provided, which may include personal data, to manage and resolve legal claims or disputes, for regulatory compliance or regulatory investigations, or to enforce agreements or comply with law enforcement requests to the extent required by law.
- If we use automated means to process personal data that have legal effects or that may significantly affect you, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard your rights and freedoms, including the right to obtain human intervention.
- Given purposes A and B, we rely on the performance of a contract: the use of your data may be necessary to perform the contract you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online booking, we will use your data to carry out our obligation to complete and manage the booking in accordance with the contract we have with you.
- Given purposes C through H, we rely on legitimate interests: we use your data for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the most appropriate web content, e-mails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content of our website, and for administrative fraud detection and legal purposes. When using personal data to serve our legitimate interests, we will always put your rights and interests in the protection of your data above our rights and interests.
- With respect to purpose H, we also rely, where applicable, on our obligation to comply with applicable law.
- Where required by applicable law, we will request your prior consent to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to object to the process set out in points C-F and you have no direct means of objection (e.g. in your account settings), to the extent applicable, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Booking.com: We have joined with Booking.com B.V., located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (www.booking.com) (hereinafter referred to as Booking.com) to provide you with our online booking services. Whenever we provide content on this website and you make a reservation directly with us, the reservations will be processed through Booking.com. Therefore, the information you enter on this page will be shared with Booking.com and its affiliates. This information may include personal information such as your name, contact details, payment details, names of people traveling with you and preferences you specify when making a booking.
For more information about the Booking.com group of companies, please go to the Contact section.
- BookingSuite: your personal data may be shared with BookingSuite B.V., located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands, which operates this website and the suite.booking.com website.
- Competent authorities: We will disclose personal data to law enforcement and other governmental authorities to the extent required by law or as strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
International Data Transfers
BookingSuite follows reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access to and improper use of information including personal data. We use appropriate management systems and procedures to protect and safeguard information that includes personal data. We also use security procedures and physical and technical restrictions on access to and use of personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel may access personal data in the course of their work.
Your choices and rights
We want you to be in control of how we use your personal data. You can do this in the following ways:
- you can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- you can tell us about any changes to your personal information, or you can ask us to correct any personal information we hold about you;
- in some situations, you may ask us to delete, block or restrict the processing of personal data we hold about you, or you may object to our use of your personal data in a particular way; and
- in some situations, you can also ask us to send the personal data you have given us to a third party.
Where we are using your personal data under your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law. In addition, where we are processing your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest or in the public interest, you have the right to object at any time to such use of your personal data subject to applicable law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal data is complete, accurate and current. Please inform us promptly if there are any changes or inaccuracies in your personal data by contacting email@example.com . We will handle your request in accordance with applicable law.
Questions or Complaints
If you have any questions or concerns about our processing of your personal data, or wish to exercise any of the rights you have under this notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You may also contact your local data protection authority with any questions or complaints.
Changes to the Notice